As a product manager, you will be the lead or co-lead on multiple Photo Finish artist projects, both digital and physical from inception to completion, working closely with the GM and owner of Photo Finish Records.
You will initiate, plan and coordinate the creative marketing of the projects that you are assigned from inception to release in full.
Company is based in NY, but this position can be remote.
Prepare timelines and marketing plans for each act and release.
Maintain an up-to-date budget on each project in conjunction with the GM.
Work with management and artists to create a vision and creative direction for each release, including but not limited to music videos, photo shoots, artwork, social media content, etc.
Work closely with Label Head and artwork designer to deliver the artwork as the artist has approved.
Source label copy, working with production to bring the product to market with correct metadata.
Be the label’s source to communicate all aspects of the project and progress of the campaign; including organizing team meetings, taking and distributing notes and assigning call to actions raised.
Work with the General Manager on planning and creative concepts for campaign advertising and then following through with external media agencies for the delivery of ads and artwork for TV, outdoor, print and digital campaigns.
Liaise with the Photo Finish marketing team and artist management on creative ideas for the artist’s online and social media presence, D2C store, website and asset creation
Update the distributor’s sales team on all project developments and supplying them with the tools they need to best sell our products
Liaise with international marketing team to keep them up to date on the progress of all UK projects.
Assist Photo Finish on finding promotional and marketing opportunities for all of the label’s artists, including new developments both inside and outside the industry that could help us to maximize growth.
Arrange and coordinate songwriting and production sessions.
Assist in feature artist and remixer ideas, including outreach to representation.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM
Photo Finish Records is an independent record label boasting a diverse roster including Alternative Rock, Indie Pop, Electro Pop, and Hip Hop that has amassed billions of streams and over 40 million tracks sold. The NYC-based label was created and founded by Matt Galle and 2021 will celebrate its fifteenth year of success. As the label grew and developed, Matt brought in his business partner Mike Marquis to co-run the label with him. Photo Finish has forged a well-deserved reputation for developing and breaking an eclectic roster of artists including 3OH!3, SHAED, Marian Hill, MisterWives, ROZES, The Mowgli's, and new signings Ross Copperman, CAL, Elliot Lee, Lakeview, guardin, and joan. Photo Finish Records is currently distributed through Virgin Music Artist & Label Services with offices in NYC.
QUALITIES FROM CANDIDATES:
• Love music and understands the ''fan'' mentality
• Strategic thinker, and creative marketer
• Strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, & project management skills.
• Must be an effective communicator that can convey information efficiently.
• Must understand consumer demographics as they relate to each artist property
• Excellent time management, follow-up skills, organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Great communication skills with multiple levels of management and cross departmental
• Preferably have a good ear for talent. Bring new artist ideas to the table for our A&R meetings.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Ideal candidate will have minimum of 2-3 years' experience in the music industry (experience working directly with artist managers, booking agencies, and promoters in a Fan Services field is preferred)
• Experience with web-based software applications
• Excellent MS Office Skills
• College Degree preferred